20 Dec 17 Social Media Prompts That Engage Followers
Social Media Prompts That Engage Followers
Keeping followers engaged with the content posted to your account is critical to continuing to grow support for your brand. When content is well-received by viewers, they’re more likely to leave a comment or like the post. Engaging followers also builds loyalty, making your brand the “go-to” for viewers interested in the area of subject matter you cover. There is more than one way to personalize content and engage followers, which includes using prompts like quotes, facts, and questions. Below are examples of prompts that catch the viewer’s attention.
Social Media Prompts to Engage Followers
1. Share your mission and backstory. For example: “Get to know us by checking out our mission and backstory!”
2. Share information, like, “today is our company’s 5th anniversary and we want to share some memories with you!”
3. Talk about the work you do. For example: “Step into our office and let us tell you about the work that goes on behind the scenes.”
4. Introduce yourself, especially if you are a co-creator of a brand. For example: “Wondering who the face was behind all the magic being created here?”
5. Post a motivational quote. For example: “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” – Unknown
6. Post an inspirational quote. For example, “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen
Try questions and prompts that are conversation starters!
7. What’s your Monday motivation?
8. What podcasts are you loving listening to right now?
9. Where do you find inspiration?
10. What does your ideal day look like?
11. When did you first become acquainted with our brand?
12. Post the emoji that most identifies your mood right now.
13. What was the best book you read this year?
14. Name one way you stay balanced throughout the week.
15. Share what you do to keep improving.
16. Have you taken time for yourself this week?
17. Ask us anything!
I know what you are thinking, these are great tips but how exactly do you deploy these to generate meaningful engagement. One of the most effective ways we have seen social media prompts actually drive value for a business is by prompting users to take an action, typically driving them to provide us sometype of information.
This information can be an email address, phone number or even a website visit. Prompts are something marketers use to drive action from a prospect and we layer on different integrated forms of marketing communication once we are able to identify people of higher interest. These prompts help drive action but also drive communication and setup and facilitate turning strangers into customers and customers into advocates of your business.