13 Dec 9 powerful linkedin marketing tips that actually will drive meaningful results
9 Powerful LinkedIn Marketing Tips That Will Actually Drive Meaningful Results
LinkedIn is one of the oldest and most important social networks today, boasting over 722 million users – more than 10% of the world’s population! However, countless millions have a LinkedIn profile and never use it. So, how can you actually get the most out of your LinkedIn profile and overall use?
- Don’t just use any of the default settings and messages when adding someone as a connection. Write them a personal note that will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Update your status on a regular basis, providing useful information about what you are working on in your professional life.
- Use multimedia. Text isn’t enough – upload pictures, videos, and presentations.
- Join groups – particularly those in your local area. Make positive contributions to them on a regular basis, and make sure to answer questions.
- Take advantage of LinkedIn’s built-in connection options, and allow it to sync up with your Email box. From there, add your contacts as LinkedIn connections.
- Request and give recommendations freely. This is a nice way to build a relationship with someone, and a great way to make a positive contribution to their personal development.
- Comment on other people’s statuses, especially if there is no self-promotion in it for you. This is a great way of getting your name out there.
- Give content and advice freely. This will establish you as a local thought leader.
- Avoid the buzzwords that are found way too often on resumes. People are sick of them!